Become a bookworm
There’s a reason why some of the brightest minds in the universe are bookworms. Reading is not only a relaxing activity that helps you fight stress, it’s also an activity that increases your brain capacity. Stretching this mental capacity makes it possible for you to learn more. Additionally, reading can help improve your vocabulary by exposing you to words with which you may not already be familiar. Some of the best writers maintained their skills by reading a book a week.
In addition to stretching your brain capacity and introducing you to new vocabulary, reading is the best way to gain knowledge. For example, how would we be able to learn about historical events if we didn’t have books to read? Sure, there are primary accounts of the tales, but those are few and far between.
Regularly reading is one of the easiest ways that you can boost your intelligence, and the best news is that it doesn’t matter what type of reading you do. So, grab your favorite book or the newspaper and get to reading away!
Cut back on frivolous online activity
We’re all guilty of unproductively spending time online. When we’re bored, we instinctively look to our phones to kill the time. If you had to think about it, how many hours a day do you spend time on social media looking at other people’s lives? You probably spend at least an hour doing this task, but chances are you probably spend more than that.
Now, imagine how much you could learn if, instead of opening up Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or TikTok when you’re bored, you head to online news stations and spend that idle time reading up on current events. Or, what if you spent that time reading industry publications or training resources? Cutting back on frivolous online activity and replacing it with something more productive can help you greatly increase your overall intelligence. And, it hardly requires any additional effort on your part.
How To Be An Intelligent Student at School: 8 Smart Tips You Need
Today, I will show you some interesting tips that will help to boost your cognitive capacity. So, if you really want to become an intelligent student, this article is Ideal work on that topic. I enjoin you to read carefully as I will explicitly explain some of the secrets for becoming an intelligent student.
During my secondary school days, there was this intelligent guy in my class I loved so much. He was so intelligent that everybody in my class go to him for clearer explanation of difficult topics. He was respected and loved by everyone including our teacher. Of course, I also respected him because of his cognitive capacity. However, I was not very happy because I could not perform like him in the classroom. This actually contributed to my low self esteem at secondary school.
Not too long after we all graduated to senior class, I came across an awesome article online that helped me academically. After reading the article, I was so determined to follow the tips shared by the author of that article. Frankly speaking, there is no big deal about it. You will become intelligent if you follow the right and tentative guides for that.
Today, I will be sharing the most tentative tips you need to become an intelligent student. Thus, if you are one of those students who are wishing to become very intelligent in school, here is how to become an intelligent student. Trust me; these tips are the most effective tips you need to become very intelligent.
Who is an intelligent student?
Before I move fully into explaining the tips for becoming an intelligent student, it is imperative to tell you who an intelligent student is. The word “intelligence” is from the Latin word “Intellegens” which means something of high or especially quick cognitive capacity. In light of this, an intelligent student is a student of high and quick cognitive capacity. He is a student with the ability to understand easily.
1. Determination and consistency: Apparently, determination and consistency are the most important tips you need to become an intelligent student in school. The reason is because; other tips in this article may not stand without them. In other to become intelligent in school, it is imperative to be determined and consistent in your studies because, that is what will help you to maintain your level of intelligence at every stage.
There is a proverbial saying that “the day you stop reading is the day you die”. It is this way for every student too. Any day you stop reading, your level of intelligence will begin to decrease. You might even start forgetting the things you already know.
So, if you really want to become an intelligent student, you must make up your mind to be determined and consistent in following other tips highlighted below. In case you don’t know, all intelligent students you know are consistent too. It is what keeps them intelligent and bright.
2. Engage in educative discussions: Research has proven that one of the best ways students learn in school is through educative discussions. This is so because the brain tends to store information passed through discussion quickly and for a longer time. For this reason, engaging in educative discussions is evidently one of the secrets for becoming intelligent. When you discuss and share information with others, you will never forget that information or knowledge you shared. Accordingly, when you learn things from other people during discussion, you will find it difficult to forget them too.
By doing this, you are developing your knowledge in a particular field of study. Many people have attested that this tip is truly effective. I personally learn a lot through educative discussions and that is why I made it my first point. No doubt, it is one of the great ways to boost your cognitive capacity.
3. Study regularly: In the words of Jim Rohn, “Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary”. Obviously, studying is one of the prerequisite things every student must do to become intelligent. In fact, if you are not ready to study your books, then you are not ready to pay the price for intelligence. Yes! I call it the price for intelligence because there is no intelligent student you know that don’t read voraciously.
More importantly, you must learn to read regularly. Scholars have proven that the more you read a particular text, the more you will understand the content of that text and other texts related to it. Take for instance, if I know what brain drain is all about, it will not be difficult for me to understand a topic that tries to explain the causes of brain drain. This is why intelligent students seem to know something about everything.
4. Be receptive: One of the things that limit our level of intelligence is “not accepting or considering whether the opinion of others is better ”. To an become intelligent in school, you must learn to be receptive. Always accept the opinion of others and try to understand their stands. Even when you think you are right, you should also listen to people so that you can learn from them and even stand to be corrected if you are wrong.
However, in doing this, you must be careful so that you will not be misled by others. In my view, it is important that you listen but be skeptical about their views except when they can fully show that their own opinion is better. No doubt, this will go a long way to boost your level of intelligence.
5. Never run away from difficulties: Frankly speaking, you cannot become intelligent by circumventing any problem you encounter when studying. It will not help at all. The secret here is that, the more you spend time on difficult topics when reading, the better you will understand those topics. Now you may want to ask, “What if you are unable to understand at all?”
Studies constantly show people who exercise regularly have higher I.Q. scores.  In addition to maintaining a strong body, people who exercise regularly actually stimulate brain cell growth. A process called neurogenesis occurs during rigorous exercise, which increases the production of neurotransmitters. With side effects like increased dopamine, active people enjoy less stress, better concentration, and more energy.
Dr. Michael Nilsson of Sahlgrenska Academy and Sahlgrenska University Hospital in Sweden conducted extensive research on the topic.  “Being fit means that you also have a good heart and lung capacity and that your brain gets plenty of oxygen,” the doctor said. His research focused on over a million Swedish military men, and Dr. Nilsson found a direct correlation between physical fitness and high scores on I.Q. tests.